Wednesday 4 July 2012

What's in my travel makeup bag?

I'm supposed to share pictures of my trip to Paris/London but I could only get them when my brother gets back from Phuket. To compensate that, let's see what's in my travel makeup bag.


This makeup bag I got as a gift with purchase. I love the bright print and it's so roomy, it can fit a gazillion things. I always carry this with me when I travel.


This was taken on the window sill of my hotel room in Paris. 

L-R
MAC lip and cheek tint
Korres lip balm
Yes to Cucumbers face moisturiser
Face Shop face primer
Chanel Vitalumiere foundation
Garnier bb cream
Benefit boing concealer
MUFE loose powder
NARS Orgasm blush
NARS Laguna bronzer
MAC eyeshadow in Espresso
Majorlica Majorca eyeshadows
Clinique mascaras
MAC lipgloss
MAC lipsticks in Angel and Chatterbox
Chanel lipstick
A bunch of eyeliners and brushes

All these fit so nicely in my bright happy makeup bag. Some of the products didn't work too well for me because of the change in the weather. My concealer went dry, my bb cream unexpectedly did not do a good job there. I could only rely on Vitalumiere even though my face got all oily after a few hours. Lipsticks looked horrible on my chapped lips. I didn't even bother with the lipgloss. 

Sidetrack a bit, instead I bought loads of chapsticks (and other beauty stuff which might be in my Paris/London haul post soon!). I threw out my Yes to Cucumbers moisturiser because it was too rich for my skin and my makeup just slide everytime I put it on. I thought since it was too rich for Singapore weather, it should work well in colder places like Paris and London. Boy, I was wrong. Now that I think of it, I should have kept it as a night cream instead. Gah. It's not a bad product. Really. Cucumbers in food form - arghh I hate. But I love how it smells in moisturiser form. Cucumberish, slightly perfumey.  Weird, isn't it?

Have you tried Yes to Cucumbers moisturiser? Do you like it? What do you have in your travel makeup bag?


No comments:

Post a Comment