Monday 23 January 2012

Review: Garnier Light B.B


BB creams are the fad now. BB cream or Blemish Balm cream is similar to a tinted moisturizer but with more features. It is very popular here in Asia. You can go here to read more about the history, reviews and tutorials.  

I used to not understand the hype. I just don't get it.  I've tried many but hate each and every one of them until I tried Garnier Light B.B. 

I've been using this as part of my makeup routine since the first week of January 2012. It's been three weeks, so far so good. It is the first and only BB cream that does not look grey on me. It has SPF26. Dermatologically and allergy tested. I have sensitive skin and this does not break me out like the other BB creams. It is oil and fragrance free. I hate how the Skin79 Super + BB Cream Pink Label smells. Almost chlorine-like.  It delivers whatever that's written on the back of the box.

 1.  More radiant
 2.  More even-toned
 3.  With less dark spots
 4.  With less visible imperfections
 5.  Reduces redness
 6.  Smoother
 7.  More hydrated
 8.  With less visible lines
 9.  With less visible pores
10. Reveal its healthy glow

Usually I would dot a small amount on forehead, nose, cheeks and chin and then blend outwards after applying face primer. Other times I would mix the two and do the same steps. 

Everytime I put it on, it gives me that instant glow and radiance. By lunchtime, I just need to blot a bit and touch up with powder once. At the end of the day, I would do the same. Sometimes I don't even bother. When I do blot and touch up, I look more matte but natural. It is smoother and not cakey like before. I'm not sure why but I tend to get slightly more oily when I am in the office the whole day. The temperature, maybe? 

On a non-working day, I don't even blot and touch up. I just love the glow. Just enough, not super glowy that it looks oily. 

I got this at S$13.90 at Watsons. I think the promotion is still on, if not retail price is at S$16.90. I urge you to try. Even the skincare products are recommendable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment